Disclaimer



Photobucket
Welcome to pinkiemie.blogspot.com
Leave a tag before you
leave pls..
Enjoy

Navigations


Affiliates

My Mummy | Charlene & Claudia | Gabrielle & Caelan | Charlotte | Famela | Samuel | Rayner & Rayan

Archives


Credits

Designer: nicole
Basecodes: nicole
Banner: cyworld
Graphics: sugarpink
Birth Story
Saturday, October 3, 2009


And here comes the most exciting part.. The birth story of Baby Isabelle!!!


29th Sept 2009 (Tuesday)
1130hrs - Arrived Mount Alvernia
Checked Mummy's weight - 73.4kg
Brought to Delivery Suite number 10
Changed into robe and did a urine test
Nurse gave medication to clear bowels while Daddy goes and do the admission papers
Bowels cleared, pill inserted into cervix for dilation
Did CTG for 20 min


30th Sept 2009 (Wednesday)
0600hrs - Had half a slice of wholemeal bread with 3 mouthfuls of Milo for 'breakfast'
0700hrs - Put on CTG
0900hrs - Dr Chen came and checked, still 2cm dilated. Breaking of water bag, surprisingly not painful
2 tubes of blood drawn for cord blood banking, drip hole set up for glucose and dilation drip
Extremely mild contractions felt
1400hrs - Dr Chen arrived, VE check revealed only 2.5cm dilated
1500hrs - Very constant contractions but still bearable but requested for epi
1530hrs - Epi administered in the hope of faster dilation
Shivered like crazy, drip intensity increased
1600hrs - VE check, no progress. Urine tube inserted to drain urine
1830hrs - Dr Chen arrived, VE check revealed only 3cm dilated
Dr Chen said she can feel baby's head already, but not sure why I am still not dilating
Dr Chen gave ultimatum, 2 hours no significant dilation will go for caeser
1930hrs - Nurse did VE, 5 cm dilated
Yeah! Thought if by 2030hrs can dilate another 2 cm, will be able to have a natural labour
2030hrs - Nurse did VE, still 5 cm dilated, CTG revealed baby's heartbeat starting to be irregular
Nurse gave Dr Chen a call, confirmed caeser.
The whole labour suite sprang into action - Nurse shaved me, increased epi dosage, inserted urine tube and bag, and , calls given to Anesthetist and PD to standy in OT within 20 minutes
Cried very badly coz really did not expect to have to undergo the knife
2040hrs - Dr Chen arrived and was shocked to see Mie in tears, comforted me and told me is for the good of both mother and baby, especially since the labour has been ongoing for so long and still no progress

2050hrs - Pushed into OT, shivered like crazy coz it was damn damn damn damn cold inside
All the staff in the OT comforted me whilst waiting for the Anesthetist to arrive
Dr Chen informed the whole OT that I am having a baby girl, and her name is Isabelle
PD arrived and introduced himself to me (I couldn't see his face clearly coz I wasn't wearing my glasses), I sobbed even harder when he reassured me

*All this while from being pushed out from the delivery suite to the OT and until the arrival of the anesthetist, I was alone, hubby was not allowed to come in yet*

Anesthetist finally arrived, increased dosage for epi, I could still feel my toes
Kept exclaiming to Dr Chen that I can still wriggle my toes, damn scared that they will cut me whilst I can still feel sensations
Asked for my hubby, he was being brought in by then
Anesthetist gave me gas to breathe (not sure wad gas that is) and I felt damn damn damn high.
Hubby arrived, held my hand throughout and stood next to Dr Chen and witnessed the whole process.
Anesthetist talked to me throughout the whole operation, telling me what they are doing, should expect some tugging coz they bringing the baby out, etc.. but all the while I was damn high and felt as though it was deja vu (though I really have no idea wad to expect and have never gone through this before) and I also felt that I was in dreamland

2122hrs - Isabelle arrived!!! The whole OT congratulated me and exclaimed, is a pretty baby girl! Isabelle's loud cries took over their congratulatory words (though I cannot remember that she cried very loudly). Gas mask taken off and I regained consciousness quite fast, but still a little groggy. I remember asking if baby looks like Mummy. Baby was put onto my chest and all I can recall is seeing her double eyelids,

Someone helped us to take photos, and I quickly asked hubby to follow baby whilst Dr Chen sewed me up. Was very groggy and went in and out of sleep, and remember hearing Dr Chen talking to some pple about cars - BMW, Lexus etc.. whilst sewing me.
After being sewed up, I was brought to another waiting area where I went in and out of sleep again, someone was with me, but not sure guy or lady.

Finally brought into ward, Darling was waiting at the ward for me. Only can recall I keep asking them for painkiller coz I was scared of feeling the pain from the cut, in case the epi effect wore off faster than expected. Whole night drifted in and out of sleep, Darling stayed over though he was not allowed to coz we were in a 2 bedder (1 bedder not available!). But guess they closed one eye due to my first day of operation.

Yeaps, that's it, my birth story. Pretty traumatising for me. Have never stayed in a hospital and never had an operation in my whole life, and I actually underwent the whole ordeal to have my baby Isabelle. She is my 'ming gen' now.

& the baby cooed on 9:01 PM



copyrighted 2009 | layout by creambunny.co.nr